Thanh Chiem Town Palace
Thanh Chiem Town Palace
Thanh Chiem Town Palace
Thanh Chiem Town Palace

Introdution

Price: Free

Phone: 0235.3867371

Time to visit a place: 120 phút

Open Time: 7:00 AM - Close Time: 6:00 PM

Email: pvhtt.dienban@quangnam.gov.vn

Address: Điện Phương Xã Điện Phương, Thị xã Điện Bàn, Tỉnh Quảng Nam

On National Highway 1A, when crossing the Thu Bon River - the main river of Quang Nam land -  tourists often stop at the bridge of the old Cau Lau bridge (also known as Mong bridge) to enjoy the specialty "Beef veal of Mong bridge" or stop not far away, about 100m to the north, in Phuoc Kieu bronze casting village - where thousands of gongs have been crafted for indigenous residents of Truong Son - Central Highlands for hundreds of years to see artisans perform their craft and buy products. products of the craft village. This village is on the north bank of the Thu River - formerly named Cho Cui river (Sai ​​Giang) - flowing to Cua Dai (Hoi An) and now belongs to Dien Phuong commune, Dien Ban town, which was once a land of glory - Palace town Thanh Chiem. Back in history, this land is the last boundary of Dai Viet - the land on the north bank of the Thu Bon River after the wedding of Princess Huyen Tran with King Champa in 1306, when King Che Man offered two continents as a bride. Later, the Tran Dynasty changed to Thuan Chau, Hoa Chau. The Ho Dynasty (from 1402-1404) continued ... View more

Review and Evaluation

/ 5
evaluate

You need to or Register new account for leaving comments.

Map

Introdution

×

On National Highway 1A, when crossing the Thu Bon River - the main river of Quang Nam land -  tourists often stop at the bridge of the old Cau Lau bridge (also known as Mong bridge) to enjoy the specialty "Beef veal of Mong bridge" or stop not far away, about 100m to the north, in Phuoc Kieu bronze casting village - where thousands of gongs have been crafted for indigenous residents of Truong Son - Central Highlands for hundreds of years to see artisans perform their craft and buy products. products of the craft village.
This village is on the north bank of the Thu River - formerly named Cho Cui river (Sai ​​Giang) - flowing to Cua Dai (Hoi An) and now belongs to Dien Phuong commune, Dien Ban town, which was once a land of glory - Palace town Thanh Chiem.


Back in history, this land is the last boundary of Dai Viet - the land on the north bank of the Thu Bon River after the wedding of Princess Huyen Tran with King Champa in 1306, when King Che Man offered two continents as a bride. Later, the Tran Dynasty changed to Thuan Chau, Hoa Chau. The Ho Dynasty (from 1402-1404) continued the land opening, establishing four continents of Thang, Hoa, Tu and Nghia including present-day Quang Nam and Quang Ngai. After the victory of Tra Ban of King Le Thanh Ton (1471), Quang Nam - Thua Thien was established, and the border of Vietnam extended to Thach Bi mountain (Phu Yen). In 1558, Duke Nguyen Hoang - the second son of Nguyen Kim - was allowed to enter the town of Thuan Hoa by King Le. According to the plan "Hoang Son Nhat Dia Van Dai Dung Body" by Trang Trinh Nguyen Binh Khiem to avoid the power of the Trinh Dynasty, in 1570, Nguyen Hoang was appointed by the king to be the governor of Quang Nam. In July of the year of the Tiger (1602), Lord Tien Nguyen Hoang established Quang Nam Palace, initially in Can Huc commune, Duy Xuyen district, then moved to Thanh Chiem district. Dien Ban. Three years later, the lord separated Dien Ban district at that time in Thuan Hoa town from Thuan Hoa, promoted to governor of 5 districts: Tan Phuoc, An Nong, Hoa Vang, Dien Khanh and Phu Chau. Also this year Hoai Nhan government was changed to the Quy Nhon government, also under Quang Nam Dinh.

Researcher Phan Khoang (book "Vietnamese history of Dang Trong" - Khai Tri Publishing House, Saigon 1971) talks about the birth of Thanh Chiem palace as follows "...After returning from Dong Do (1600), Duke Doan moved The palace went to the east of the former Ai Tu palace, then called the Cat Palace, then people realized that Quang Nam town had good land, large population, rich products, more tax revenue than Thuan Hoa, but the number of troops was equal. More than a half should have the intention to trade this land. In the third year of Hoang Dinh (1602), the Lord went to Hai Van mountain, saw the mountain dangerous, and said that "This place is the pharyngeal land of Thuan Quang region", the Lord crossed again. He crossed the mountain to look at the situation, ordered to set up a palace in Can Huc commune (later Van Dong village next to Thanh Chiem Village - NV), built a treasure, stored food, and then sent the sixth son, Nguyen Phuoc Nguyen, to guard it.

Quang Nam Palace or Thanh Chiem, Westerners at that time called Cac-ciam or Dinh ciam-Dinh Chiem, Ke Chiem, Ke Cham. The place-name is reminiscent of the name of the land of the Champa people before. Thanh Chiem is just a few steps away. Hoi An is 6 miles (nearly 9 km) so it is very convenient for controlling the import and export of goods and foreign trade, as well as for communicating with foreign traders at that time. Thanh Chiem is located right on the North-South celestial road. and besides the main waterway Thu Bon, Thanh Chiem also connects with Touron (Da Nang) through Vinh Dien river.

Thanh Chiem palace plays a very important role in the sublimation of Hoi An town (Faifo) - where Dai Chiem is located - with the open foreign trade policy of the Nguyen lords such as the "winter" policy. in the case of "Flower Town" or for foreign traders to reside indefinitely, to set up villages and streets with a "self-governing" regime as in the case of "Flower Town", "Japanese Town" in Hoi An. During the period from From 1604 to 1634, the number of Japanese merchant ships arriving in Hoi An is rare, up to a quarter of the number of Japanese boats arriving in Southeast Asian countries.

Thanh Chiem town palace is considered the second capital in Dang Trong after Thuan Hoa. King Gia Long identified Thanh Chiem as the "old capital" (the ancient capital). Under the Nguyen lords, Thanh Chiem was the place to practice and practice the management and administration of the country of the "kings". In military terms, due to its location on the banks of a large river, convenient traffic location between the opposite regions. With the lowlands, the south and the north, the mainland and the sea, Thanh Chien used to be a powerful naval base that made a victory when fighting the Dutch fleet in 1644 and with a large warehouse system Thanh Chiem was the rear base. The need for stability of the Cochinchina army, thanks to which the Nguyen lords defeated 7 major attacks of the Trinh army in 1627, 1633, 1643, 1648, 1660, 1661, and 1672. Thanh Chiem was really a springboard for the people and people. Viet carried out the march to the South, opening the realm to the South.

But a huge achievement of Thanh Chiem is in terms of culture. The cultural axis of Hoi An - Thanh Chiem (later La Qua - with the composer Nguyen Hien Dinh) was the earliest place to introduce Christianity in Cochinchina. In Hoi An and Thanh Chiem, from 1621 to 1625, priest Francisco de Pina studied Vietnamese, preached in Vietnamese, and taught two missionaries, Alexandre Rhodes, a Frenchman, and Antonio Fonte, Portuguese. F. de Pina also co-wrote two teaching materials “The Method of Latinizing Vietnamese Language” and

a "Vietnamese Grammar".

 Thanh Chiem was once restored and rebuilt by the Nguyen kings but failed. Today, the old citadel is no longer due to many events, conflicts, and wars. The ancient citadel only has traces of the foundation such as statue ships, gun warehouses, food warehouses, casting wards, porcelain mounds... scattered here and there. Thanh Chiem still has the Phuoc Kieu church, which is said to have been rebuilt on the old foundation (the Catholic church was built in 1625, managed by F. de Pina as the superior priest), the Phuoc Kieu bronze casting village, the village communal house, Nhon An Pagoda, Church of the Mother of God, mourning for Doan Thi Ngoc and especially in front of the Tien Hien church, in front of Nguyen Du Secondary School, 2007 - the 405th anniversary of Thanh Chiem Town Palace - Thanh Chiem Town Palace stele carved by the villagers. The epitaph has a sentence: "The old land of Thanh Chiem was the palace/Logistics for the Nguyen lord to open the empire/The southern land stork flew straight away/ The town of Hoai River was sailing/ It was also from Thanh Chiem that started..."

For those who are passionate about academia, those who love culture, history and literature - Thanh Chiem is the hometown of the late "Quang" (inscribed by historian Duong Trung Quoc) writer Nguyen Van Xuan.

Sample Plan

Accommodations

Food

Z